Sunday 27 November 2011

Sebamed Review

Hello everyone! So as promised (and long overdue I know) here is my review of the Sebamed cleansing bar. I usually use a gel cleanser but was finding that it was drying out my skin and especially as winter is here I needed something new. I just stumbled upon this when browsing on the feel unique website but actually bought it off ebay for £3.99 including postage. I would share you the link of the seller BUT when I looked back the price has gone up to £5.99 which I think is unreasonable for a bar of soap!! I will not be paying that much for this product and I don't think you should either.


Sebamed sell a range of products from shower gel to shampoo all with a pH of 5.5, now I am no good at science but apparently this is nearest to the skins own pH and so is less damaging to the balance of your skin. Does that make sense? Well it doesn't to me but the results speak for themselves. As you may know from previous posts, I can suffer from quite oily skin and this has really helped. It has improved my overall skin tone and reduced the amount of oil my skin produces. I have less dry patches and the redness on my cheeks caused by spots has dramatically reduced. I would also like to think my pores look a little smaller than usual too.
I use this on a morning in the shower and follow with Astral light and creamy moisturiser. Afterwards my skin feels very soft and is a much smoother base for the application of my foundation. I think if you already have fairly clear skin, using this cleansing bar might mean you don't even need to use a primer.
I will 100% be buying this product again. Soap free soap is the way forward! If you have very very oily skin or acne, Sebamed also sell products in a Clear Skin range which may be more suitable for you.
I hope you have found this review helpful, even if it was a bit speedy!
V xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment