Saturday 12 November 2011

ELF order and *mystery box*

Hellooooo! So the other day on the Beauty Baron facebook page I saw everyone talking about ELF mystery boxes, I immediately wanted one!! I love surprises! 
You had to spend £10 and enter a code to qualify.
So I made an order and got free delivery as well as a mystery box, so in total all the things in the photo below cost me £10. WOW!



What I ordered: Nail Polish in Purple Pleaser £1.50, Eye shadow brush £1.50, Complexion Perfection £3.50 and Blush brush £3.50.
What I got in my mystery box: Cream Eyeliner in Coffee worth £3.50, Nail Polish in Twinkle worth £1.50 and Beauty Book Neutral Collection worth £6.

So I only spent £10 and got £11 worth of products for free!! Bargain!

Onto the products I bought. 

I was really really excited to try the complexion perfection and thought if I am going to break my ban on buying beauty products then I'm definitely getting this! It has been raved about on blogs and on Youtube so I had to see what all the hype was about. 

Face before: no make up (sorry!!)

face after - only wearing complexion perfection


So, it did feel a bit funny applying a blue, yellow, green and pink powder to my face. I was scared! I just swept my brush over all 4 colours and applied to my face. As you can see there is not a great improvement to my two big spots I have at the moment, I was expecting them to look a little less red. You can't really see from the photos but there is a slight improvement in the general look of my skin but nothing to write home about. I would go as far as to say I look a little washed out by this. So tomorrow I am going to try this over my usual foundation instead of my Rimmel Clear Complexion powder to see how that goes. Expect a little update on here or on twitter. Overall, a little disappointed.

Love all the other products I ordered :)

On to the MYSTERY box!

I really wanted the cream blush in my box, but I suppose I will have to order that now! I can't quibble about anything I got. The cream eyeliner is a lovely shade and glides on well. Having never tried a cream eyeliner my first opinions are very good. The twinkle polish is not one I would have picked myself but it will be great layered over other colours for the party season as it is a clear polish with lovely glittery bits in.
My favourite product has to be this. . . 


I cannot believe this was FREE. I will be using this! I usually wear neutral colours day to day with a bit of mascara so I was chuffed when I saw this in my box! It would make the perfect present, and at £6 you can't go wrong.


Just a little pic of the 12 colours and eyeliner.


There is even a little page telling you where to apply which colours for the best effect. 

My only quibble with this is the applicator. I am not a fan of foam eyeshadow applicators, sorry ELF! But overall it is a great product and has been a welcome distraction from uni work! In my hurry to rip the mystery box open I did manage to rip a hole into a page of my law textbook, which I need for an exam!! 
OOOOPS!
Never mind, eh?

What have you ordered from ELF lately?
Have you got a mystery box?

V xx

3 comments:

  1. You got a great box! I already have the neutural eye edition beauty book,I use it all the time! Hopefully I get a good mystery box too! :-) XoX

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually got the blush and wanted the book! would you like to swap?? :)

    http://feels-so-good.blogspot.com/2011/11/haul-elf-studio-and-beauty-barons.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly, have you got your box yet? I somehow lost you from my blog list the other day and had an absolute fit because I love your reviews!! Found it again though thank goodness!
    PIP - I have used the eyeliner and a couple of the shadows to test them but if you still want to swap let me know :)
    V xx

    ReplyDelete